[redland-dev] perl example.pl failing

Seth Ladd sethladd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 10:35:57 BST 2006

Hello,

I just installed Redland-bindings 1.0.3.1 with Redland 1.0.3 from
source into SuSE 10.  I tried the example1.c program, and that worked
great with a simple FOAF file and bdb storage.

I then installed the perl and ruby bindings.  I tried perl example.pl,
and received the following error:

seth at linux:~/redland/redland-bindings-1.0.3.1/perl> perl ./example.pl
Creating storage

Creating model

Creating statement

Adding statement to model

Adding statement (new Statement(n, n, n)) to model

Adding statement (n,n,n) to model

Parsing URI (file) ../data/dc.rdf
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x082b68b8 ***
Aborted
seth at linux:~/redland/redland-bindings-1.0.3.1/perl>

It's worth noting that during the make for redland-bindings, I receive
many of these errors:

CORE_wrap.c: In function '_wrap_librdf_digest_update':
CORE_wrap.c:1959: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of
'librdf_digest_update' differ in signedness

That goes on and on, for many methods.  The compile does complete and
it allows me to make install.  However, upon the perl example.pl
error, I think the signedness errors might be a problem.

Any tips on something to try or check?

Thanks!
Seth