[redland-dev] Redland for Mac Intel

Demetrius Nunes demetriusnunes at gmail.com
Sat May 20 20:48:06 BST 2006

Hi there,

Has anyone successfully compiled Redland for the new Intel Mac OS X?
I've tried here and failed.

I apparently managed to compile Redland itself ("make check" works)
but when I try to compile the Ruby bindings, it says I don't have
Redland installed (I did "sudo make install" before).

I get this message when I run "./configure" on the redland-bindings package:

checking for redland-config... no
checking redland library source... configure: error: internal redland
sources not found in directories: ../redland ../librdf ..

I think something is wrong, because I did manage to compile and
install redland itself before compiling the bindings. Nevertheless, I
insisted by placing redland sources on the required directory, and
then managed to compile.

But when I run "make check" on the ruby directory, I get:

FAILED returned status 133
ruby -I.. -I../lib ./test_uri.rb
Checking test_query.rb dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Symbol not found: _librdf_log_message_locator
  Referenced from: ../redland.bundle
  Expected in: flat namespace

The same goes if I try requiring redland library on a Ruby console:
irb(main):001:0> require 'redland'
dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Symbol not found: _librdf_log_message_locator
  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-darwin8.5.2/redland.bundle
  Expected in: flat namespace

Trace/BPT trap

So, could anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Demetrius
PS: I'm sorry if this been asked before. I could not find a way to
search the mailing list archives.