[redland-dev] Perl literal pickiness

Kieron Taylor krt1 at soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 9 16:52:28 UTC 2006

I'm not sure when the change happened, but recently I've been suffering
from all my old code breaking with the following runtime error:

TypeError in method 'librdf_new_node_from_typed_literal', argument 2 of
type 'char const *'

Invariably I have chased the problem down to cases of unquoted numerical
values being passed into the method. It seems to me that Redland is
coercing the data into variable types differently to older versions. I
am making the calls through the Perl bindings where typing is weak.

Is this intended behaviour, and do I need to be much more vigorous in my
quoting of potentially numerical variables?

In a related problem that gives the same error, I have found the Perl
bindings unwilling to operate if I declare a null base uri for the
parser/serialiser etc. What would be the correct way to declare a blank
base uri?

Hope you can help,

Kieron