[redland-dev] Concurrent updates with MySQL storage engine

Jan Algermissen jalgermissen at topicmapping.com
Mon Sep 4 20:21:29 UTC 2006

Dave,

On Jul 27, 2006, at 7:31 AM, Dave Beckett wrote:

> Jan Algermissen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> AFAIK, transactionality has not yet been added to Redland and as the
>> MySQL storage uses ISAM (as opposed to InnoDB) tables, so I cannot
>> really add it myself by simply getting hold of the connection
>> handle. At
>> least not without loosing the ability to update redland with new
>> releases.
>
> but we could add storage parameters to let you switch table type
> (small
> change) or add an API call to get the connection handle (another
> small change)

[Sorry if this has already been answered and I only missed it]

These two changes would be absolutely sufficient for what I need to
do. What are the chances that you manage to add them to Redland? I am
also happy to help in doing that, but I'd need some hints what places
of the code I have to change - so that I don't miss any, especially
in the bindings.

Thanks,

Jan