[redland-dev] newbie question using Perl bindings

rzeno ruset.zeno at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 00:59:34 GMT 2007

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 11:06:40AM -0700, Golda Velez wrote:
> On Friday 07 December 2007 16:49, rzeno wrote:
> >
> > PS: AFAIK dmoz rdf have some problems( syntax), see dmoz for details,
> > explanation and how to avoid it( that was last year, I don't try again)
> >
> I couldn't yet find the place on the dmoz site where it refers to a way to get
> around errors with Redland,

I don't say nothing about redland *and* dmoz, only about dmoz:-)

http://rdf.dmoz.org/rdf/Changes.html

"Unfortunately the format of the Open Directory Project is not optimal.
In particular it is much longer than it would need to be, and is not even
legal XML."

Maybe this could help you:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/DmozRdf

More specific and useful help you have in the message posted
by Gregory Williams <greg at evilfunhouse.com>.

> I'll keep looking, or try rapper....thanks again

to avoid a possible confusion, I'm toking about rapper and roqet from
redland utils( the package is redland-utils on Debian).

IMO, until your script works, you must be sure that your file is valid
rdf and the simplest way is to use rapper.
If you query your data using rdql or sparql, you must be sure that your
query works and you could test this with roqet.

Best regards

--
"We must be systematic, but we should keep our systems open."
  -- Alfred North Whitehead, Modes of Thought --