[redland-dev] ruby bindings and typed literals

Benno Blumenthal benno at iri.columbia.edu
Mon Jan 29 20:04:56 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I am interested in modifying ActiveRDF so that typed literals are
handled properly.

In the Redland Ruby bindings, there is a literal subclass of node which
has a lang and value properties.
And it is possible to define a literal node with the datatype property
set correctly.

But I cannot see how to get the datatype property back out with the ruby
bindings.

So what happens to numeric/date/XML literals in the ruby bindings?   Are
they already converted to Ruby datatypes, or am I missing something?

Dr. M. Benno Blumenthal          benno at iri.columbia.edu
International Research Institute for climate and society
The Earth Institute at Columbia University
Lamont Campus, Palisades NY 10964-8000   (845) 680-4450