[redland-dev] librdf_model_to_string only works for rdf+xml? (repost)

Einar Poke einarpeak at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 19:01:23 BST 2007

--- Dave Beckett <dave at dajobe.org> wrote:

> There is no standard mime type for RSS 1.0, but it works
> if you use the serializer name:
>
>    str = librdf_model_to_string(model, uri, "rss-1.0", NULL, 0);

Thank you for your reply. I had also tried using the serializer name,
but the result was actually worst (the application was crashing inside
this function call).

Then I finally found out the problem was related to the libraries, not
my test code. I was using the Windows build
"redland-1.0.3-Win32-Dev.zip" available from here:

http://nzlinux.virtuozzo.co.nz/files/redland/1.0.3/
http://www.nzlinux.org.nz/blogs/2006/04/21/redland-windows-103-ready/

Now it finally worked after I tried using instead the Windows build
"redland-1.0.3-3-bin.zip" (and related libraries) I just found here:

http://82.149.170.66/kde-windows/win32libs/zip/single/

Hopefully this information will help others to avoid the same kind of
problem I had.

Now there's only one remaining problem: the resulting RSS does not
produce contents for the "items" tag! The obtained RSS for
"http://scripts.gamespy.com/rss/gamespy.all.2.0.xml" misses all the
relevant information, producing only this result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rdf:RDF xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
xmlns:content="http://web.resource.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
xmlns:enc="http://purl.oclc.org/net/rss_2.0/enc#"
xmlns:rss091="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/rss091#"
xmlns="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/">
  <channel rdf:about="http://www.gamespy.com">
    <title>GameSpy Complete</title>
    <link>http://www.gamespy.com</link>
    <description>GameSpy editors talk about video games, industry news,
and the multiplayer gaming community. GameSpy.com covers video games
for PC, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, PS2, PSP and DS.</description>
    <rss091:language>en-us</rss091:language>
    <rss091:copyright>IGN Entertainment, Inc.</rss091:copyright>
    <rss091:pubDate>Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:14:22 PDT</rss091:pubDate>
    <content:encoded><![CDATA[GameSpy editors talk about video games,
industry news, and the multiplayer gaming community. GameSpy.com covers
video games for PC, Xbox 360,  Wii, PS3, PS2, PSP and
DS.]]></content:encoded>
    <items>
      <rdf:Seq>
      </rdf:Seq>
    </items>
  </channel>
</rdf:RDF>

Fixing the repeated encoding above is easy enough, but how can I get
access to the contents of tag "items"? I even tried to access the
information directly in the model by calling
"librdf_model_get_contexts(model)" for instance, but this call returns
zero and produces the message "librdf warning - Model does not support
contexts", even when I tried explicitly declaring:

storage=librdf_new_storage(world, "memory", "test",
                "hash-type='memory',new='yes',context='yes'")")

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Please advise.

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
http://sims.yahoo.com/