[redland-dev] redland php api

Eric Hanson elh at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Mar 7 00:23:26 UTC 2007

Dave,

Thanks for the heads up on the State of Redland, it was really nice to
get an overview of where things are at and going.  I'm starting to get
pretty heavily invested in Redland with some projects so that kind of
info is really nice to hear.

Had a couple questions for you.  You mentioned Yahoo is designing a PHP
wrapper API of some sort to Redland.  I actually have one such wrapper
that I was thinking of releasing, but instead of using OOP is mimics the
style of the database interface to MySQL, Postgres and the like:

redland_connect (...)
$result = redland_query ($sparql);
while ($data = redland_fetch_array ($result))

so it's going to be very familiar for PHP developers (aka me), but it
doesn't capture the full power of the Redland API, it's quite simple and
makes use a subset of Redland's features (one global database, no
contexts, etc).

But if Yahoo is working on one, I'd rather just wait and use that one.
What's the timeline for that project?

Thanks,
Eric