[redland-dev] rdql query

Jagdev Bhogal Jagdev.Bhogal at uce.ac.uk
Wed May 16 11:47:46 BST 2007

Hi

I have a question to do with rdql.

I have an rdf file containing records of the following format:

<rdfs:Class rdf:about="&Content;City"

             rdfs:label="Content:City">

            <rdfs:comment>Documentation on City(SUMO):  A LandArea of
relatively small size, inhabited by a community of people, and having
some sort of political structure. Note that this class includes both
large cities and small settlements like towns, villages, hamlets,
etc.</rdfs:comment>

            <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="&Content;GeopoliticalArea"/>

</rdfs:Class>

At the moment I have query which gets the label and the comment
attribute values  without any problem.

How can I modify the query so that it retrieves the value of the
resource subclass.
Some classes in the rdf file have more than one subclass and I need to
be able to retrieve the set of subclasses with my query.

My query as it stands is:

const char  *query_string="select ?label, ?comment from
<file:/export/CISR-D/jagdev/okapi/progs/news.rdf> where (?x rdf:type
rdfs:Class) (?x,rdfs:label, ?label), (?x, rdfs:comment, ?comment)  using
rdf for <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>, rdfs for
<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>";

Any help/pointers would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Jagdev