[redland-dev] What is the expected performance of a sparql Query?

Lou Sakey ljsakey at verizon.net
Wed Aug 20 20:40:55 BST 2008

I have Redland model with 20,000 triples using the Berkeley DB storage
option.   I am performing a sparql query using librdf_new_query() and
librdf_query_execute() to search for all people that are male and born
between two dates.

There are a total of 500 people in the model.   Each person has a sex
property and a birthday property (among others).  It took over 8 minutes for
librdf_query_execute() to complete on a dual core 2.16 GHZ processor with 2
gigabytes of memory.

Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks in advance

Lou