[redland-dev] What is the expected performance of a sparql Query?

Lou Sakey ljsakey at verizon.net
Thu Aug 21 13:40:38 BST 2008

Here is a copy of the query.

PREFIX lou: <http://ns.lou.com/2007/lou-ns#>
PREFIX dc: <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>
PREFIX xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
SELECT * WHERE {
?subject lou:Sex ?p0.
?subject lou:BirthDate ?p1.
<http://ns.lou.com/2007/Friends> fam:Person ?subject.
FILTER (
 ( (?p0 = 'Male') && (xsd:dateTime(?p1) <=
xsd:dateTime('2008-01-31T00:00:00')) && (xsd:dateTime(?p1) >=
xsd:dateTime('2008-01-01T00:00:00')) )
) }

It is expected to find all males born in January of 2008.

Some have suggested using an memory storage option. This is not an option
for me since I expect this database to grow to at least 50 million triples.