[redland-dev] General status/experiences of Redland on MS Win? (with/without Cygwin)

Sean Boisen sean at logos.com
Mon Jul 7 17:27:40 BST 2008

I'd like to respond to your email to Redland-dev
<http://lists.usefulinc.com/pipermail/redland-dev/2008-July/001795.html>
, though I couldn't actually read the content (maybe some kind of
encoding problem)?

Current status for me: I'm using the Redland .dll's with Python
bindings, primarily for serializing RDF from a Django application. But
I'm several revisions behind (I think 1.0.3, rather than the current
1.0.8), because I don't know of a more recent Windows binaries, Dave
doesn't provide them (no blame, just a fact), and I'm not willing to
invest the time to try to figure out how to build them myself. They
mostly work: there's a few minor problems and bugs, which may now be
fixed, I just don't know.

Somebody else on the list (Richard McCullough) has been trying to build
binaries recently, but his interests are in Cygwin, which is fine but
doesn't fit my needs (I need a native Windows solution).

Sean

sean at logos.com