[redland-dev] 1.0.8 and BC (rant)

Sebastian Trüg strueg at mandriva.com
Thu Jul 31 14:43:34 BST 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008 15:29:20 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> just installed redland 1.0.8 just to do some debugging (installed 1.0.7 has
> no debugging symbols) and was shocked when I noticed that BC was broken! In
> a patch release!
> Even if it was announced on the homepage. Breaking BC is something for a
> 1.1 or even better a 2.0 release! But NOT a patchlevel!
>
> Please, please, never do this again!

Ok, maybe this was a bit fast and I was a bit agitated. It is actually rasqal
which changed in a patch level. Not as bad for me since I don't use it
directly but not really good either. Even if its still a 0.something version
it has been around for a long time and is used by a rather large number of
projects.