[redland-dev] dbpedia + redland basics

Andrew (Chuan) Khoo akhoo at risd.edu
Sun Mar 2 14:36:41 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

I need help in getting the dbpedia datasets loaded onto my computer.
What I want to do is to have a locally-installed database of dbpedia
in which I can call via SPARQL, and all of that happens on my local
machine.

I am trying to use the mysql store that I have set up, but I have no
clue as to how to put dbpedia's .nt files into the mysql database.
There was an earlier post on the list that describes a method to do
that (via python?), but I have very limited database, C and python
experience, and was confused by it. I will very much appreciate any
help that anyone here can give me. I do plan to use php. (the old
link: http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@rdflib.net/msg00271.html)

What I can tell now is that the redland 1.0.7 libraries (and the raptor
+rasqal libraries) seem to have compiled properly on my machine; I'm
able to call rdfproc and the other config executables but I'm pretty
much clueless as to the next step to take. Basically I need to put
some data in and I don't know how.

The next step then is to get SPARQL working, but I haven't even
reached that point yet...

As you can tell I'm absolutely new and raw to databases (let alone N-
triple stores and all of the cool stuff we can do with it), a bit of
hand-holdiing here to get my orientation right will help me get started.

So, to list down my questions:
1) How do I import .nt data into mySQL?
2) If there is code provided to parse the data into the mysql store,
how do I compile and run it?
2) How do I call SPARQL queries (using rasqal?) from php?

Thanks and regards,
Andrew
akhoo [at] risd . edu