[redland-dev] Installing latest version of librdf on Ubuntu Feisty

Josh Jontè jjonte at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:47:12 GMT 2008

Hi there.

Ok, I spent around 4 hours on this yesterday and I'm all out of ideas.

I want to use librdf from Python.  Actually, I want to write my own
Triplr, so I thought I would to use Python because I'm a c# developer
(don't laugh :) and Python seems as close to C# as I can get (lambdas,
closures, etc) in the available bindings.

I just recently installed Ubuntu and have been getting acclimated with
Unix, but I'm pretty much a n00b.

So I first tried to install the .deb files found on librdf.org
(thought that sounded easiest) - I get an error saying Unsatisfiable
Dependency: libc6.  I tried installing a bunch of various apt-get
you-name-it-and-i-tried-it, thinking it would kick in at some point.
Well, it didn't.

So, then I thought I could build it locally, because that's how I've
gotten a handful of other libraries to work.  After getting the
source, installing all the dependencies, and finally running
./configure - I get a "Cannot Find makefile.in" error and it halts.
And I'm not sure how to get it to create a makefile.in

If someone could point me in the direction I should go, I would be
grateful.  Ultimately, I just want to use librdf's basic in-memory IO
to do basic HTTP GETs and transformations.

Thanks for any light anyone can shine my way!  Are there any examples
of using librdf from python?

 -josh