[redland-dev] Trying to compile redland binding on fedora

Lauri Aalto laalto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:57:14 CET 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Martin Duerst <duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:
> When compiling the bindings, I'm getting an error along
> the following lines:
>
> redland_wrap.c: In function '_wrap_rasqal_version_string_get':
> redland_wrap.c:7411: error: 'rasqal_version_string' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> There are very similar messages for rasqal_version_major|minor|release|decimal.
>
> I got these for the Perl binding when I tried to compile all bindings,
> and for the Ruby binding when trying to compile only the Ruby binding.
>
> Any help apreciated.

Try configure --with-redland=internal (+ any other configure flags you
want, such as --with-ruby).

The bindings want to link against librdf, raptor and rasqal but for
some reason, "redland-config --libs" which is invoked with the default
"--with-redland=system" just gives the linking options for librdf. The
"internal" redland tries to use "redland-src-config" which gives the
linking options for librdf and all its dependencies, including raptor
& rasqal and their dependencies.

I'm sure there could be fixes made in the libraries themselves but I
haven't had the time to look into this issue any deeper than this.

Lauri