[redland-dev] [Raptor RDF Parsing and Serializing Library 0000289]: empty properties in RDFa XHTML cause a fatal error

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis-bug-sender at librdf.org
Mon Nov 17 23:23:01 CET 2008

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://bugs.librdf.org/mantis/view.php?id=289
Reported By:                danbri
Assigned To:
Project:                    Raptor RDF Parsing and Serializing Library
Issue ID:                   289
Category:                   api
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   crash
Date Submitted:             2008-11-17 22:23
Last Modified:              2008-11-17 22:23
raptor_librdfa.c:100:raptor_librdfa_generate_statement: fatal error: Triple
has NULL parts
Abort trap

...caused by:         <div class="Abstract"
property="dc:description"></div>

in RDFa HTML.

I've put a full example here:
http://svn.foaf-project.org/foaftown/research/t1.html

The last couple lines succeed and fail, depending on whether the div has
any content.

I believe per http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#sec_5.5. that the value
ought to be an empty-string plain literal, carrying whatever xml:lang is
in effect. But at least I'd like the parser not to crash.

This was invoked via rapper -i rdfa file:t1.html

This might be something to pass along to librdfa / Manu Sporny; I'm not
sure of the division of labour here.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change