[redland-dev] Redland 1.0.9 and its language bindings

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Wed Apr 29 14:45:26 CEST 2009

Uldis Bojars wrote:
> Dave Beckett wrote:
>> 		     Redland RDF Libraries 1.0.9
>> 			 http://librdf.org/
>
> Congratulations on a new, Easter release of Redland.
>
> Is a new version of Reland bindings required in order to work with
> Redland 1.0.9? I tried compiling bindings with the new release and got
> an error message saying:
>
>  > checking for redland-config... redland-config
>  > configure: WARNING: System redland 1.0.9 does not match - need 1.0.8

The bindings 1.0.9.1 will be out soon.

> How does one compile Redland with the modular storage option (just add a
> configure switch --enable-modular ?) and what are the benefits of using it?

Benefits are mostly to do with packaging, you don't need to compile and ship
every backend in the system.

> Are there 3rd party storage modules available for Redland?

Not quite yet.  virtuoso one wasn't fully ready to merge since it required
some rasqal internals (naughty).  It should be possible to compile them
outside of redland now.