[redland-dev] RDF atop postgres fast?

Kenneth Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 20:42:29 CEST 2009

I realize this is a dumb question because Redland does indeed run with
Postgres as a storage mechanism, but management is freaking out so I am
wondering if anyone has pointers to a discussion of this issue to which
managment can be referred, or just comments of their own to offer.
Direct email is fine if this is an inflammatory subject.

An alternative for us is AllegroGraph, the graph DB all the way down
from Franz.

My guess is that postgres can probably build indexes as well as
Allegrograph so there is no issue. Maybe AG gets a boost by keeping
everything in RAM, but nothing heroic. Some earlier testing against
Postgres show it was 20% slower than AG on our particular real-world
processing.

kt