[redland-dev] (no subject)

Saikat Kanjilal sxk1969 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 30 18:34:49 CEST 2009

Hi Folks:
I am a newbie to redland though not to C,  I had initially sent this email to Dave but I thought I would just forward it to the list.  I am trying to play with the redland libraries to create a
storage provider for tokyo tyrant for redland and had some questions,
note that I am starting with the berkeley db storage provider
implementation and massaging that to build one for Tokyo Tyrant remote
database API (rdf_hash_bdb.c).  I have created a barebones
implementation that just opens and closes connections to the tokyo cabinet database
through tokyo tyrant's remote database API and gotten it to compile with the redland codebase by adding the file
in appropriate places to the Makefile, however I am wondering about a few things before I dive fully into this:

1) I am guessing the rdf_hash_bdb implementation is
statically compiled into the redland libraries, is that correct because
that's the approach I'll have to take with the tokyo tyrant
implementation if I use the berkeley db code as a starting point

2) Its not clear to me from looking at the code
how functions like librdf_model_add_statement maps to the berkeley db
storage provider implementation, looking at rdf_hash_bdb.c I only see functions like librdf_hash_bdb_put and things like librdf_hash_bdb_get etc, I was wondering whether each storage provider just basically has their own way of storing statements etc. Can someone shed some light on how the add/remove statement/arc API converts to the berkeley db API consisting of librdf_hash_bdb_put and librdf_hash_bdb_get etc?

3) Is there test code lying around that tests the rdf_hash_bdb.c, I didnt see any released but was wondering if its just not part of the tarball

I appreciate any help with this, it will get me moving a lot faster in the initial development work.
Thanks Again
Saikat