[redland-dev] Installing Redland RDF on Centos 5.3, Help please

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Sat Sep 12 19:44:13 CEST 2009

Dave Levy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to install Redland RDF  onto a Centos 5.3 Virtual
> Machine and would appreciate some help.
>
> Anyone got a tutorial. I am trying to use yum but am having some
> dependency failures and some diffciulty in finding the pre-requisite files.
>
> Possibly I am using the wrong FC source, I am using ./fc7.
>
> I am still ready to read on this so some pointers would be good, unless
> someone has an idiots guide to how to do this.

There's no guide, but maybe you can try another approach.

Centos is a whitebranded version of RHEL, which is based on Fedora Linux.

Today, Fedora ships with package of redland (under extras I think), so I
suggest you start from their packages, or source packages, and use those.

The ones I made for fc7 or later are probably not as good as those and I'm
considering not making any newer RPMS since the distributor ones will be
much better maintained (I don't use FC, RHEL or Centos)

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=4774 shows rpm
builds up to fc12 made within the last few weeks.