[redland-dev] Redland make problem (OSX)

Michael Stahl Michael.Stahl at Sun.com
Tue Apr 6 11:42:22 CEST 2010

On 04/04/2010 15:23, Parsa Ghaffari wrote:
> I've successfully installed Raptor and Rasqal. I've configured Redland
> with output:
>
> Redland build summary:
>
>   Using modular storage backends
>
>   Berkeley/Sleepycat DB   : Version 4.6 (library db-4.6 in
> /opt/local/lib/db46)
>   Triple stores available : memory file hashes(memory) trees hashes(bdb
> 4.6) sqlite(3.6.23.1) virtuoso
>   Triple stores enabled   : memory file hashes trees sqlite virtuoso
>   RDF parsers             : raptor(system 1.4.21)
>   RDF query               : rasqal(system 0.9.19)
>   Content digests         : md5 sha1
>

> But after trying to 'make' it, I get:
>
> http://pastebin.com/2MfEPdxT

the real error is probably this one (all the rest are result of not
finding raptor.h):

#
In file included from rdf_init.c:58:
#
./redland.h:36:20: error: /usr/local/include/rasqal/raptor.h: Too many
levels of symbolic links

apparently there is a cyclic symbolic link somewhere in the path
/usr/local/include/rasqal/raptor.h.
some element of that path points to another symbolic link that points back
to that path element, ad infinitum.

regards,
 michael

--
Python: executable pseudocode.  Perl: executable line noise.