[redland-dev] redland sqlite NEW=YES failure

Lauri Aalto laalto at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 22:27:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

rdf_storage_test also tries to create a sqlite storage with similar
parameters. If it was consistently failing, you'd get a similar
warning from it too.

One idea what might be wrong: your Redland is built with modular
storages (default) and it couldn't load the sqlite storage module
dynamically. This may be case if you haven't installed Redland before
"make check" and haven't specified another path (such as .libs) using
the REDLAND_MODULE_PATH env variable (or DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH). Storage
modules are loaded and registered in librdf_storage_load_all_modules()
when Redland is initialized through librdf_world_open().

There's very little else that can go wrong when creating a storage.
More things can go wrong when opening the storage, but in this case it
fails before librdf_storage_open().

If this doesn't help solve the warning, I suggest you run
rdf_model_test in gdb and see why exactly why librdf_new_storage()
returns NULL for sqlite storage. Note that in your environment,
src/rdf_model_test is just a wrapper script that sets environment
variables and such and then runs the binary in src/.libs. For
debugging you want the binary, not the script.

Lauri