[redland-dev] FW: configure: error: Raptor missing

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Fri Feb 5 21:12:58 CET 2010

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, karima rafes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to build rasqal. Before, I installed raptor but rasqal's
> autogen.sh cannot find raptor...
>
> I don't know How fix this problem.
> Can you help me ?

..
> checking for srandomdev... no
> checking whether need to declare optind... no
> checking for pkg-config... pkg-config
> configure: error: Raptor missing - get it from http://librdf.org/raptor/
> <=================== EEEERRRRRRRRROOOOOORRRR Raptor is yet  in
> ../raptor-1.4.21

Rasqal in GIT uses pkg-config (by preference) or raptor-config (works, but
deprecated) to find the raptor library and it's configuration.

It's failing because it can find neither.  pkg-config searches
a standard path - see man pkg-config for the places and how to
customize it.

raptor-config is a program shipped and installed with raptor and
has to be in your search PATH.  As I said above it's deprecated;
pkg-config will be the only way to configure against raptor2.

rasqal no longer lets you compile against raptor in source directories.