[redland-dev] Redland Windows binaries - maintainer wanted

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Tue Feb 23 19:02:51 CET 2010

I keep getting requests in private email for this; it's also been
requested and discussed in this list.  I've tried politely saying
how I do not use Windows and am busy on stuff I care more about, but
it's clearly not working.

I even wrote a README to request for help
   http://download.librdf.org/binaries/win32/README.txt
which also didn't get any response.

Offlist some people have discussed this with me but none as yet have
stepped up.

So can I try again to ask for somebody to actively maintain these?

That means building and testing the builds and doing it regularly,
especially after a release, plus adding any portability fixes to
the source code, maybe checking in Visual Studio scripts and
config files where that makes sense.

I guess if not, I'll make a stronger "Windows - don't even ask"
policy, form letter and README which I really didn't want to do.

Thanks