[redland-dev] Iterating through the items in a hash

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Tue Jan 26 02:17:05 CET 2010

Nicholas J Humfrey wrote:
> Declaring these functions and using them in my application would be
> unadvisable?
>
> It would be quite helpful for applications needing to store items in a
> hash to be able to use the full functionality of librdf_hash.

I guess it would be useful, but in general terms I don't really want redland
to be in the hash store business too much.
(now more often called key:value or kv store)

If you file a bug against librdf/redland on bugs.librdf.org, I can remember
to expose the functions in the next release.

Aside: The way redland stores triples in BDB hashes is poor compared to what
it could be.  Also there are much better new kv stores that could be used
such as tokyocabinet, which might provide higher performance triple stores
if that was combined with a better hash-storage approach.

That's a project for somebody...