[redland-dev] [Redland RDF API 0000375]: Add functionality to parse from iostream (or similar)

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis-bug-sender at librdf.org
Thu Jun 17 13:20:16 CEST 2010

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://bugs.librdf.org/mantis/view.php?id=375
Reported By:                normang
Assigned To:
Project:                    Redland RDF API
Issue ID:                   375
Category:                   api
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2010-06-17 11:20
Last Modified:              2010-06-17 11:20
Amongst the librdf_parser_parse_*_into_model functions (see
http://librdf.org/docs/api/redland-parser.html), there is no support for
parsing from an iostream, or anything like it.  Such a facility would be
useful.

This would be analogous to librdf_serializer_serialize_stream_to_iostream

This bit me because I'm writing a PLT-Scheme^W^WRacket extension using
librdf.  I'd like to be able to parse from a scheme port, but the only way
of doing that in general is for the extension code to read from the port
into a buffer, and pass that on to librdf.  Implementing an iostream
instance to do that would be natural, but isn't supported.

Looking through the source, it appears that
((librdf_parser_raptor_context*)(parser->context))->rdf_parser is a raptor
parser that can be used with raptor_parse_chunk, but I'm loth to go that
route, since raptor is formally a librdf implementation detail, and this is
effectively monkeying with a private API.

What would also work for me is exposing the raptor parser, but that's
exposing an implementation detail.

It doesn't look too hard, so if there were any interest in this, I suspect
I could provide a suitable patch.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change