[redland-dev] xpath query

Jagdev Bhogal Jagdev.Bhogal at bcu.ac.uk
Tue Jun 22 21:25:44 CEST 2010

I have taken an rdf file and serialized it to turtle format (see extract of data in turtle format below):

EXTRACT OF DATA IN TURTLE FORMAT
@prefix <mailto:f at prefix>  rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
@prefix Content: <http://www.news-project.com/Ontology/Content#> .
@prefix core: <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#> .
@prefix rdf__: <http://protege.stanford.edu/rdf> .
@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
rdf__:KB_719208_Slot_4
    a rdf:Property;
    rdfs:label "rdf_:KB_719208_Slot_4";
    rdfs:range rdfs:Literal .
Content:Abstract
    a rdfs:Class;
    rdfs:label "Content:Abstract";
    rdfs:comment "Documentation on Abstract(SUMO):  Properties or qualities as d
istinguished from any particular embodiment of the properties/qualities in a phy
sical medium. Instances of Abstract can be said to exist in the same sense as ma
thematical objects such as sets and relations, but they cannot exist at a partic
ular place and time without some physical encoding or embodiment.";
    rdfs:subClassOf Content:Entity .
Content:Address
    a rdfs:Class;
    rdfs:label "Content:Address";
    rdfs:comment "Documentation on Address(MILO):  An Attribute that indicates a
n address where an Agent can regularly be contacted. In NITF v3.2 the element \"
postaddr\" can be used to annotate addresses in the item's content, for instance
, inside a \"p\" element.";
    rdfs:subClassOf Content:Attribute .
Content:AgeGroup
    a rdfs:Class;
    rdfs:label "Content:AgeGroup";
    rdfs:comment "Documentation on AgeGroup(SUMO):  A GroupOfPeople whose member
s all have the same age or have and age which is inside a certain age interval (
example, persons between 18 and 25 years)";
    rdfs:subClassOf Content:GroupOfPeople .

My original program contained rdf query which stated the name of the data file and the uris for rdf and rdfs.
How can I change the query in the program to:
select ?childNode
where { ?childNode rdfs:subClassOf :Group . }

will I have to include any prefix info into the query or will that be picked up from the data file?

EXTRACT FROM ORIGINAL PROGRAM:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <rasqal.h>
#include <raptor.h>
main()
{
  int i;
  rasqal_query *rq;
  rasqal_query_results *results;
  rasqal_literal *value;
  raptor_iostream *qo;
  const char  *query_string="select ?label, ?comment from <file:/data.rdf> where (?x rdf:type rdfs:Class) (?x,rdfs:label, ?label), (?x, rdfs:comment, ?comment) using rdf for <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>, rdfs for <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>";
const char *qfilename="queryoutput";
rasqal_init();
rq=rasqal_new_query("rdql",NULL);
raptor_init();
qo=raptor_new_iostream_to_filename(qfilename);

Thank you for the help given so far
Jagdev