[redland-dev] Redland Python bindings with Virtuoso 6.1

Chris Wj chris0wj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 23:59:17 CET 2010

I'm trying to get Redland to connect to a Virtuoso instance and I am having
some issues. I built the latest stable Redland with virtuoso support with
iODBC. I did a test iODBC connection to Virtuoso through the iodbc tool
'iodbcadm-gtk', and it tests ok.

Software versions:
Redland 1.0.10 (my compile)
Redland Bindings 1.0.10.1 (my compile)
Raptor 1.4.19 (system library)
Rasqal 0.9.16 (system library)
Virtuoso 6.1 (my compile)
Ubuntu 9.10 x64

Built librdf with

> ./configure --with-virtuoso=yes --with-iodbc-lib=/usr/lib
> --with-odbc-inc=/usr/include --prefix=/media/dataext3/opt

In Python, I've tried various combinations of this type of command:

> options_string="dsn='LocalVirtuoso',user='dba',pass='dba'")

Which produces this output:

   1498     if self._storage == "NULL" or self._storage == None:
>    1499       self._storage=None
> -> 1500       raise RedlandError("Creating Storage failed")
>    1501
>    1502   def __del__(self):
>
> RedlandError: 'Creating Storage failed'

Not for anything, but this message is pretty bad. I have no idea what part
is causing the failure.

Any thoughts as to what the problem may be? Has anyone had luck doing this?

Thanks,
-Chris