[redland-dev] python bindings . Unable to find Redland import.ImportError: "No module named Redland "

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Wed Feb 16 23:12:01 CET 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Joe Andrieu wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I ran into the same problem and didn't see how to configure it to not have
> the bdb dependency. Since I'm on Windows with Visual Studio, I figured this
> was something handled deep in the configure files used for linux builds. It
> was easier to just go get BDB than to figure out how to turn it off in my
> hand-coded project files.

It's a flaw of the current built-in tests that they use storage 'bdb' even
if it is not available.  It should be switched to use 'file'.  This
applies to the redland bindings too, lots of the example.py and tests
assume that storage='bdb' is present if you grep the files.

I've also been musing whether to ship sqlite and always have that enabled
as a default store.  It's a better embedded DB than BDB I think.

> Also, FWIW, BDB is not longer Sleepcat DB as mentioned at
> http://librdf.org/INSTALL.html. It was bought by Oracle and is available at
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/downloads/index.html

Fixed in GIT, thanks