[redland-dev] [Redland Language Bindings 0000411]: Perl installs to /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/ openSUSE want's it under /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl also lua bindings don't install

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis-bug-sender at librdf.org
Wed Jan 19 14:08:01 CET 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://bugs.librdf.org/mantis/view.php?id=411
Reported By:                davepl
Assigned To:
Project:                    Redland Language Bindings
Issue ID:                   411
Category:                   installation
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-01-19 15:08
Last Modified:              2011-01-19 15:08
The perl bindings files install under perl_sitearch
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/<arch>-linux-thread-multi/ defined as :
"the path where architecture-specific parts of Perl modules are installed by a
local administrator"
openSUSE requires them to be installed under
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/<arch>-linux-thread-multi or the
perl_vendorarch directory defined as :
"the path where architecture-specific parts of Perl modules are installed by a
Linux vendor"
If you have any objections to this please tell me which variable needs to be
changed in configure.in or Makefile.am to enable me to create a patch.
There weren't any redland bindings in openSUSE but the python bindings are
needed by new packages for multimedia:libs lv2core and slv2 so I've built them
within the redland package and am cleaning up prior to submission.

The other issue is the lua bindings don't have a configured installation
directory and attempt to install to "@LUA_EXTENSION_DIR@" as a result there are
no lua bindings.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change