[redland-dev] [ANN] redlander gem - new Ruby bindings for Redland

Slava Kravchenko slava.kravchenko at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 11:21:34 CEST 2011

Hello everybody,

I've been developing a yet another "revised" set of Ruby bindings for
Redland, so I guess it's time I made it public. The new bindings aim
to be more Ruby-ish and lightweight, written to follow
ActiveRecord-style of Rails. The gem is available at rubygems.org,
while the development repository (aka "home page") is hosted at
github: https://github.com/cordawyn/redlander

Tested to work with Redland 1.0.7-1.0.12, ruby 1.9.2 and Rubinius.
Instead of compiling the C extensions, it relies on FFI gem, so you
don't need a development library of Redland installed in order to use
Redlander.

Enjoy and post your bug reports or comments to the github issue
tracker. Pull requests are welcome too.
Thank you!

Slava Kravchenko