[redland-dev] Connecting to OpenAnzo with Python

Chris Spencer chrisspen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 22:33:09 CET 2011

Has anyone tried using Redland to connect to OpenAnzo?

I believe OpenAnzo's default sparql endpoint is at
http://localhost:8080/sparql, with the basic auth login of
sysadmin/123, so I tried modifying Redland's example.py file like:

import RDF
storage=RDF.Storage(storage_name="uri",
                    name="http://localhost:8080/sparql",
                    options_string="username='sysadmin',password='123'")

However, this fails with the HTTP 401 error, presumably because the
username and password aren't being passed. If I visited that URL in a
browser, and enter that login, it's accepted. Is this the correct
usage? Does Redland support sparql endpoints with basic http
authentication?

Regards,
Chris