[redland-dev] SPARQL 1.1 UPDATE with rdfproc?

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Fri Nov 25 18:31:53 CET 2011

On 11/25/11 8:15 AM, Bob DuCharme wrote:
> http://librdf.org/rasqal/ says that "The supported query languages are
> SPARQL 1.0, RDQL, Draft SPARQL Query 1.1, Update 1.1 Syntax", but I
> can't get an update to work. To try it, I created a store mystore like this:
>
>    rdfproc -n mystore parse test1.ttl turtle
>
> The following outputs the data that had been in test1.ttl, so I know
> that it worked:
>
>    rdfproc mystore query sparql - 'SELECT * WHERE { ?s ?p ?o }'
>
> This attempt to insert a triple gives me the error shown:
>
>    rdfproc mystore query sparql - 'INSERT DATA { <http://example.org/t1>
> <http://what/ever> 5 }'
>    rdfproc: Error - URI file:///home/bob/temp/:1: INSERT DATA can only
> be used with a SPARQL 1.1 Update
>
> How can I run an update query with rdfproc?
>
> Also, I couldn't figure out how to pass a a filename with a query in it
> instead of an actual query string.

redland librdf only provides syntax support for SPARQL Update, it does not
at present execute it, or as another way of saying it, let you load data.
The 'sparql11' query language name (or 'sparql' as of rasqal 0.9.28) really
means SPARQL 1.1 Query.

Redstore http://www.aelius.com/njh/redstore/ which is based on redland
provides a service (daemon) including sparql protocol and sparql update.