[redland-dev] Problem or misunderstanding with CONSTRUCT and blank nodes

Maxence Guesdon Maxence.Guesdon at inria.fr
Tue Feb 21 06:29:12 EST 2012

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 21:52:48 +1300
David Brooks <d.brooks at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> Hi Maxence,

Hello,

> Blank nodes are anonymous -- the nodes without labels in a visual graph
> of your model.
>
> In an RDF store these nodes are given identifiers in order to include
> the nodes in statements. The actual value of a blank node's identifier
> though is local to the graph it is part of. Generating another graph via
> a query is very likely to assign different values, and even two
> identical queries against the same graph are likely to return different
> blank node identifiers.

Thanks for your answer. So that's a feature.

The reason why I encountered this problem is that I wanted to remove a part
of my model. So this query was supposed to return the statements to remove
from my model.

I have to do it another way. For information, since I have no experience
yet of performing such an operation, what is your favorite way of removing
part of your model when it contains blank nodes ? I mean, the less painful
one, of cource :-)

Regards,

Maxence