[redland-dev] Entities in RDFa

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Thu Jan 5 17:34:28 EST 2012

Benno Blumenthal wrote:

> Unfortunately w3c frequently chooses not to serve their
> documents, i.e. there is w3c policy of rejecting requests
> when it is too much for their servers.

I think they almost always just delay for 30s before serving
the DTD.  If you *really* need it, you'll eventually get it.

But that shouldn't matter as that's what SGML/XML catalogues
are for, and libxml2 has transparent support for them.  For
example, on a typical Debian system, if you have the
w3c-sgml-lib package installed, it won't go near the W3C
servers if you fetch the DTD.

But I'm not proposing to make fetching the DTD the default:
rather I'm proposing to add an parser option so users can
choose to have that behaviour if they need it.  And I would
add a corresponding --loaddtd option to rapper to enable it.

Richard