[redland-dev] [Raptor RDF Syntax Library 0000512]: TriG parser crash: out of dynamic memory in turtle_lexer__scan_bytes()

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis-bug-sender at librdf.org
Thu Jun 21 09:47:54 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://bugs.librdf.org/mantis/view.php?id=512
Reported By:                arto
Assigned To:
Project:                    Raptor RDF Syntax Library
Issue ID:                   512
Category:                   api
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   crash
Date Submitted:             2012-06-21 15:47
Last Modified:              2012-06-21 15:47
`rapper -i trig -c input.trig` segfaults on a 2.8 GB input file, as follows.

    root at ubuntu:~/data# rapper -i trig -c input.trig
    rapper: Parsing URI file:///home/arto/data/input.trig with parser trig
    rapper: Error - URI file:///home/arto/data/input.trig:1 - out of dynamic
memory in turtle_lexer__scan_bytes()
    Segmentation fault

The problem also manifests when not using the rapper utility but instead
directly using the libraptor2 APIs to do the parsing.

Steps to Reproduce:
I cannot include the input file as it is confidential data, but I am attaching a
GDB report. The absence of a valid stack trace would seem to indicate stack
corruption occurring subsequent to the turtle_lexer__scan_bytes() failure.

I would be happy to provide more detailed GDB traces should they be useful.

Additional Information:
It is unlikely that the program is truly out of dynamic memory, as the machine
in question has 128 GB of RAM. At the time rapper segfaults and control returns
to GDB, the `top` utility shows the rapper process as using 2.8 GB of resident
memory and its virtual memory size as 2.95 GB (3,031 MB).

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change