[redland-dev] is librdf really posing SPARQL queries against Virtuoso?

lorena lorenae at fing.edu.uy
Tue Mar 20 20:40:56 EDT 2012

Hi:

I'm trying to use librdf to execute SPARQL queries over Virtuoso.
But, after getting errors trying to use some functions such as
fn:substring (having the fn prefix declared inside the query) I've
decided to take a look at Virtuoso's log (after enabling Virtuoso log
features using trace_on())

To my surprise, although I successfully retrieve results, some of the
queries I perform are not logged at all, and other queries are similar
to the ones I intend to pose but are not the same.
Moreover, I've tested my queries using Virtuoso Conductor web client
and they run as expected.

So, my questions are the following: is librdf doing some parsing or
re-writing on my queries? Is it somehow "loading" the model from
Virtuoso and using its own querying capabilities to execute my
queries? If so, how can I skip this step in order to force Virtuoso to
process the queries?

thanks in advance
Lorena

--