[redland-dev] First use of raptor2 (Windows)

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue May 8 02:37:39 EDT 2012

Many thanks for the advice, guys - especially to Andras.  Your modules were a huge help.  Thanks very much.

As it happens, I'm building a slightly newer version than Andras (2.0.7) so there were a few small differences although they're mostly documented here:-

http://librdf.org/raptor/api/raptor2-changes-2-0-6-to-2-0-7.html

I don't know if it's significant but I was unable to find some files from Andras's project, namely:-

raptor_expat.c
raptor_nfc.c
raptor_nfc_data.c

Have they been removed between 2.0.6 and 2.0.7?  If so, it might be handy to add them to that change document.  Apart from that, everything went very smoothly although I did notice a couple of minor issues in the file 'raptor_uri.c' so I thought I'd feed them back to the devs:-

1) The function 'raptor_uri_uri_string_to_counted_filename_fragment()' needs to be declared somewhere (I just declared it at the top of raptor_uri.c).  This is needed for the obvious reason (it gets called before its definition).

2) There's a problem in this block of code, round about line 1607 (in the same file)

#ifdef HAVE_STAT
  if(!stat((const char*)path, &stat_buffer))
    exists = S_ISREG(stat_buffer.st_mode);
#else
  exists = (access(path, R_OK) < 0) ? -1 : 1
#endif

As you can see, there's a semicolon missing from the end of the line in the '#else' section (the line just before #endif).

I've still got quite a few other projects left to build but at least this is an important one out of the way!  Thanks again.

John