[redland-dev] Parameter 'name' of method librdf_new_storage_from_factory and option='yes' using mysql storage

manuel buitre manuelbuitre at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 13:18:44 EDT 2013

Hello listI am using Redland library to load and retrieve some triples exploiting a mysql database as storage. I do use the method          librdf_new_storage_from_factory(librdf_world *world,
                                librdf_storage_factory* factory,
                                const char *name,
                                librdf_hash* options)
to create objects for storing RDF::Redland::Model objects. The first question is : the third parameter of the method corresponds to the name of any model?I have tried using different names and in fact, if I use the storage option  "new='yes', I have seen the name correctly loaded in the database table MODELS", maintaining, at the same time, tables and values corresponding to old models, loaded before.In this way I can manage more than one model (as a set of triples) within one database; is it a correct approach to create several triplestores within one database? If it is correct, how can I read, by the Redland library, the list of the models loaded within the database?
I have looked for, but I have not found no method to do that. Moreover in the documentation of the library it appears this note about the storage option "new='yes'":
"Create a new storage erasing any existing one (boolean, default)". What does it mean "erase any existing one"? Does it mean any change to some values loaded on the database?    Regards
    Manuel