[redland-dev] Blank nodes and worlds

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Sat Aug 9 18:09:47 EDT 2014

On 8/8/14, 12:00 PM, Victor Porton wrote:
> Do I understand correctly that blank node identifiers as generated for example by
>
> raptor_new_term_from_blank(world, NULL);
>
> are unique per world, but may be the same for different worlds?

The identifiers' generation is determined by the world configuration
so each world *could* have a different way to generate blank node ids.

raptor_world_set_generate_bnodeid_parameters() adjusts this config.

By default, however, they will generate the same IDs in two worlds.

> Is it a primary purpose of worlds?

It's one of it's purposes - to hold library-wide configuration.