[redland-dev] performance boost

Eric Lease Morgan eric_morgan at infomotions.com
Mon Mar 17 12:54:53 EDT 2014

When it comes to implementing an RDF triple store with Redland, will I get a significant performance boost if I migrate from the Berkeley DB backend to MySQL?

I have implemented a (toy) RDF publishing system — http://bit.ly/Ndri3e  It uses the Redland family of libraries. By default I implemented my triple store using Berkeley DB, but my SPARQL endpoint’s performance is slow, and I run out of RAM if I try dump the contents of the store to RDF/XML.

I’m wondering whether or not some of those problem will go away if I use MySQL instead of Berkeley DB.

—
Eric Lease Morgan