[redland-dev] 4store integration into librdf +librdf LUBM benchmarking

Petteri Karvinen pkarvine at abo.fi
Sun Mar 30 06:16:43 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have created 4store storage and query modules for librdf as a part of
the work done toward my Masters in Computer Engineering. The
implementation can successfully perform the same operations as the tests
for the Virtuoso module*. The code that I have produced itself is a bit
hacky and still needs some work to be really useful. I am now trying the
measure the implementation that I have done with the other storage
options in librdf.

My question is two-fold:

Is there any interest in the Redland-dev community to complete the work
I have done in integrating 4store as an storage module in librdf, as I
lack both the time and real motivation to complete it myself?

When trying to benchmark the BDB storage using data produced using the
LUBM** data generator and evaluating the test queries listed in the
benchmark, I am unable to produce any result as the system stalls. With
my 4store storage implementation I get the results just fine. Is the BDB
storage solution unable the process the queries on datasets of 100K
triples or have i messed up somehow?

*https://github.com/dajobe/librdf/blob/master/utils/redland-virtuoso-test.c
** http://swat.cse.lehigh.edu/projects/lubm/

Regards,