[redland-dev] [Redland librdf RDF API 0000586]: switch on uninitialized variable

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis-bug-sender at librdf.org
Sun Nov 9 12:33:44 EST 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://bugs.librdf.org/mantis/view.php?id=586
Reported By:                vandenoever
Assigned To:
Project:                    Redland librdf RDF API
Issue ID:                   586
Category:                   api
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2014-11-09 09:33
Last Modified:              2014-11-09 09:33

When parsing a query "SELECT ?s WHERE { ?s ?p ?o . }", I get these warnings:
  Variable p was bound but is unused in the query
  Variable o was bound but is unused in the query

This is fine. But there's an issue logging the warning in redland. When using
only rasqal, there is no problem, but when using redland there is a jump that
depends on an uninitialized variable in  librdf_log_simple().

I've attached two programs., rasqalwarning.c and redlandwarning.c. The latter
shows the problem when run in valgrind with the latest versions of redland,
rasqal and raptor.

Steps to Reproduce:
- compile redlandwarning.c with redland
- run it in valgrind