[redland-dev] Errors from librdf_free_model and librdf_free_storage when exiting Python Django program

François Scharffe Francois.Scharffe at 3top.com
Fri Feb 6 15:34:48 EST 2015

First thanks for this great library. I am using it with Virtuoso through the ODBC driver and although setup was not easy, it is now working very well.

Now my problem is that when a python program exit, I get the following python errors:

Exception TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in <bound method Model.__del__ of <RDF.Model object at 0x7f99482746d0>> ignored
Exception TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in <bound method Storage.__del__ of <RDF.Storage object at 0x7f99482745d0>> ignored

and

Exception AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'librdf_free_storage'" in <bound method Storage.__del__ of <RDF.Storage object at 0x7f994a3bbf50>> ignored
Exception AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'librdf_free_model'" in <bound method Model.__del__ of <RDF.Model object at 0x7f994a3c5690>> ignored

And I get these errors for every model/storage pair I declared.

All these declarations are part of a large Django project. I do not get these errors if I use Redland direclty in python, but only when exiting a Django server.

I am using redland-1.0.17, raptor2-2.0.14  rasqal-0.9.32 and redland-bindings-1.0.17.1.

Any idea how I can avoid them ?
Thanks for your help.

François