[redland] Fwd: example librdf wrapping

Dave Beckett Dave.Beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Dec 10 12:12:42 GMT 2002

>>>James Michael DuPont said:
> Dear Redland users,
> I have converted the php example into a debian package,
> Had to take the goodies out of the Makefile.am,
> it did not fit into the debian framework. Got the whole thing linking
> and installing fine.
>
> had to add this to the ini file
>  /etc/php4/cgi/php.ini
>  extension=libphp4-redland.so
>
> to make it load.

Great stuff.  Can you point me at the source (CVS, source package)?

The php interface was at I'd call stage 0 - it compiled.  You've take
it to stage 1 - it runs.  Next are all the things such as making it
prettier and more php-friendly which takes someone familiar with the
language, not something I can do.

> Now I just have a question about the files, and then we are on our way.

The file handle stuff between languages is a real pain.  Some
languages don't use the standard IO (Perl 6) or optionally don't
(Perl 5) so you can't just pass posix file handles around.  I plan to
do fix this with an iostream abstraction that is passed between
higher level languages and redland.  In some languages, it'll be
stdio but others it'll be FILE* or PerlIO (whatever they are called,
I forget).

In the meanwhile, you'll have to live with reading/writing entire
files which is a pain but you can live with.