[redland] Fwd: example librdf wrapping

James Michael DuPont mdupont777 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 06:01:48 GMT 2002

--- Dave Beckett <dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Dear Redland users,
> > I have converted the php example into a debian package,
> > Had to take the goodies out of the Makefile.am,
> > it did not fit into the debian framework. Got the whole thing
> linking
> > and installing fine.
> >
> > had to add this to the ini file
> >  /etc/php4/cgi/php.ini
> >  extension=libphp4-redland.so
> >
> > to make it load.
>
> Great stuff.  Can you point me at the source (CVS, source package)?
DOnt have in cvs yet.

I am working on handling the files now :
yes the sources, i just opload to by debian incoming :

http://introspector.sourceforge.net/debian/incoming/php4-redland_0.1_i386.changes
the deb (but still has some bugs)
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/debian/incoming/php4-redland_0.1_i386.deb

Sources :
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/debian/incoming/php4-redland_0.1.tar.gz
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/debian/incoming/php4-redland_0.1.dsc

> The php interface was at I'd call stage 0 - it compiled.  You've take
> it to stage 1 - it runs.  Next are all the things such as making it
> prettier and more php-friendly which takes someone familiar with the
> language, not something I can do.
I am working on that, but also not familar. The problem is that some of
the parameters are screwy..

I have the filehandle code in php taken from libcurl...

> > Now I just have a question about the files, and then we are on our
> way.
>
> The file handle stuff between languages is a real pain.  Some
> languages don't use the standard IO (Perl 6) or optionally don't
> (Perl 5) so you can't just pass posix file handles around.  I plan to
> do fix this with an iostream abstraction that is passed between
> higher level languages and redland.  In some languages, it'll be
> stdio but others it'll be FILE* or PerlIO (whatever they are called,
> I forget).

Sounds good to me!

> In the meanwhile, you'll have to live with reading/writing entire
> files which is a pain but you can live with.

that is fine, I hope to use a dbm connection for high speed
communication (and with locking)

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/