[redland] Cannot build Java API under Red Hat Linux 7.1

l.m.orchard <deus_x at pobox.com> deus_x at pobox.com
Tue Dec 10 18:15:00 GMT 2002

Having some strange proglems building the Java API.  The .so seems to
build fine, but then when it tries to compile org.librdf.redland.core,
I get this:

env CLASSPATH=. javac skeleton.java
./org/librdf/redland/core.java:17: illegal start of expression
  public static void librdf_free_world(SWIGTYPE_p_librdf_world_s world) {
   ^
./org/librdf/redland/core.java:371: ';' expected
}

I don't know much about JNI or SWIG, but I see a core.java file with
no closing brackets for any of its static methods.  Is this right?  I
closed all the methods with brackets, and it starts to compile but
then gives a slew of errors like this:

./org/librdf/redland/core.java:13: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class SWIGTYPE_p_librdf_world_s
location: class org.librdf.redland.core
  public static SWIGTYPE_p_librdf_world_s librdf_new_world() {
                ^
Is there some missing file that would define these SWIG types?

I also get this, and I don't see any org/librdf/redland/Hash.java :

skeleton.java:31: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Hash
location: package redland
import org.librdf.redland.Hash;