[redland] Re: Cannot build Redland on OS X with Fink-installed BDB 3.3.11

Dave Beckett <Dave.Beckett at bristol.ac.uk> Dave.Beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Dec 10 20:14:48 GMT 2002

[posting from the website since I've not yet received this mail
in my proper mail box]

--- In redland at yahoogroups.com, "l.m.orchard <deus_x at p...>"
<deus_x at p...> wrote:
> Hi there again.  Also trying to build Redland (from
> redland-0.9.11.2.tar.gz) on my iBook under OS X.  Things seem to work
> fine if I leave BDB out of the picture.  But when I include it in the
> config, things break.  It appears that the config & build process is
> not finding, or incorrectly identifying my BDB 3.3.11 install under /sw
>
> I'm using this config with these parameters:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/redland-0.9.11 --with-bdb=/sw
> --with-bdb-lib=/sw/lib --with-bdb-include=/sw/include/db3

<snip/>

The docs on the web site document a new arg that is needed
for OSX, since it has trouble guessing the BDB library name for OSX.
THe CVS version adds --with-bdb-name=db3.4.5 etc. to tell it
that it should try -ldb3.4.5

Either have a go with the CVS version or edit the configure
script to hard-code what name to use.  THe rest of the errors
are fall out from failing to test the BDB library properly,
I expect.