[redland] Announcement: Raptor RDF Parser Toolkit 0.9.5

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Sat Jun 8 16:50:25 BST 2002

I've squashed a lot of bugs recently, so time to make another release
before I break it all again.  It is shaping up nicely and now
passes more of the RDF Core WG tests than it fails; mostly :)

Cheers

Dave

---

		   Raptor RDF Parser Toolkit 0.9.5
	     http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/raptor/

Raptor is a C RDF parser library for my Redland RDF application
framework (RDF Parser Toolkit for Redland - Raptor) and although
designed to integrate with it closely, works fine separate from
Redland.  It is free software / Open Source, has no memory leaks so
far and is pretty fast.

This version has several bug fixes over the earlier version and it is
considered beta quality - getting better but not complete and with
known bugs.

Summary of changes:

  * Many minor bugs fixed
  * Added full relative URI resolving
  * Work around bugs in libxml and expat (older versions)
  * Support libxml with the use of entities in the document
  * Support xml:lang passing to application

The release consists of the full sources, RPM binary and source RPM
packages for RedHat Linux 7.2.  These are also available from the
Redland SourceForge mirror site at
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/librdf/

The main web site also lets you browse and check out the source in
CVS and use Raptor in various demos (as part of Redland).

WARNING: This is a work in progress, but mostly stable.  The APIs
still may change, it is not feature complete and it needs more
testing and conformance checking.  There are known bugs - see the web
site for the latest details.